My birthday is in a few days. I'm going to be 33 years old.
Thirty-Three used to seem like a really big number. Like when Scouty tells me, "Thirty-three reminds me of a hundred!"
I realize now that it's plenty young.
Here's my list of 34 things I want to accomplish before my 34th birthday
1. 40 pushups at once.
2. 3 minutes of planks on my elbows
3. Take a weekend away to write.
4. Write a second novel - At least a first draft.
5. 30 days no sugar or refined flour
6. 30 days no dairy
7. Finally finish taking down Louisey's wallpaper and paint her room
8. Build a raised bed with a fence to keep animals out of my lettuce and spinach
9. Save $1000
10. Consolidate our credit cards
11. Go to New York this summer for Blogher.
12. Query somebody every month.
13. Go to Lake Erie
14. Run/Walk/Elliptical 500 miles
15. Read 50 books
16. Swim in the ocean
17. Get a pedicure
18. Grow some heirlooms
19. Grow a successful melon
20. Go rollerskating
21. Go to a place I've never been before
22. 60 Yoga sessions
23. Go on an overnight trip with Kurt and stay up late and sleep in
24. Make pasta from scratch
25. Cut back the hedges with a chainsaw
26. Send 12 handwritten letters
27. Sew this flannel shirt: McCalls 5338
28. Sew this portfolio dress: Simplicity 2245
29. Play kickball
30. Get a tattoo
31. Install wooden floors downstairs
32. Win something
33. Go to the casino
34. See a movie that actually totally scares me
Wish me luck. Especially with the pushups. I can do about 15, now and I'm not getting any younger!